If you have begun with children enrolled as Extern students and wish to upgrade to the Family Plan subscription, follow these steps:
Step 1. Create a Family Plan Subscription
- On the main CLAA website, create a Family Plan subscription. Click here.
Step 2. Enroll in Courses
If a student is already enrolled in a course as an Extern student, he will need to be unenrolled and then re-enrolled as a regular student. Students enrolling in courses for the first time do not need to do this.
A. Unenroll from course as Extern student:
- To enroll a student in one or more courses, login to the student’s Study Center account.
- Go to the desired course page. In the upper right corner, click on the Setting icon, then select “Unenroll…”.
Note: All student’s completed work will be saved in the system…no worries!
B. Enroll in course as Student Plan subscriber:
Note: With a Family Plan subscription, your family members have Student Plan access to all desired courses.
- Select the desired course from the list of courses on the Study Center home page.
- In the Student Plan Enrollment box, use the enrollment key “subscriber” to add the course.
- Repeat this for all desired courses.
Step 3. Begin Studies
Once a student is enrolled using the Student Plan enrollment key, he may begin studies with full access to course activities.
Step 4. Repeat for Other Students
To enroll other members of your family, simply repeat steps 3-8 for each student.
- We recommend you start with just a few core courses to allow the student to ease his way into studies. You can add more courses at any time once he gets settled in.
- For course recommendations, see the article. “How to Select Courses“.
- We try to allow families to handle this process independently. If you need help, please contact us.