Announcements

Announcements for Monday Sep 19, 2022

Announcements for Monday Sep 19, 2022

by William Michael -
Number of replies: 0

Dear friends,

A few notes for students and parents as we begin the second week of the fall term:

1. This morning, I have added a discussion forum for Aesop's Fables at the top of the course page on the Study Center. If you are studying one of Aesop's Fables and would like some help understanding the fable, you can post your questions there and discuss the fables with other students and tutors.  If you're a student in the course and see a question on a lesson you've already completed, please lend your support to a fellow student.  (I'll be helping as well.)

2.  Thanks to the generous help of a few Academy parents, we are able to provide all Academy students with free access to the Oxford English Dictionary online.  This is the world's best English dictionary and the only one good enough to help students in classical Catholic studies.  To access the dictionary, go to www.oed.com and use the username and password oedclaa.

3.  Moving forward, the Premium Student Plan will only be available for students who have completed one year of study in the Academy with a standard Student or Family plan.  I have found that allowing students who are new to the Academy to begin with a Premium Student Plan is not prudent.  There must be a time for families to learn about our curriculum and for students to prove their ability to make progress in classical studies before seeking help doing so at an increased pace through weekly tutoring meetings.

4. Now that we're settled into the Fall Term, with God's blessing, we should be able to work steadily to Christmas recess.  Please check the Academy calendar on the Study Center for the dates for the beginning and ending of terms and for holidays on which the Academy office will be closed.

God bless your studies,

Mr. William C. Michael, Headmaster
Classical Liberal Arts Academy