Announcements

Free Enrollment Ending August 12, 2022

Free Enrollment Ending August 12, 2022

by William Michael -
Number of replies: 0

Dear friends,

For the past year, we have offered free access to our online courses for anyone interested.  This has provided many families with a helpful introduction to our program, but it comes with some negative consequences that I don't believe are worth having.

One negative consequence is that it allows anyone to create an account--including troublemakers.  Restricting the Study Center to paying families is very helpful for security, ensuring that the only people signing in to the Study Center are Catholic parents and students actually interested in classical Catholic studies.  I don't want strangers having access to my children online--or anyone else's.  

Another negative consequence is that giving unknown visitors access to the site prevents me from making some helpful tools and resources available to families.  For example, I can give parents more access to student records, and can allow students to connect with other Catholic students on the Study Center, but I will not do this if there are unknown users with accounts.  

Another negative consequence is that there are many people looking to make money in Catholic education who are simply looking for content for their own use, with no interest in studying.  These people are not qualified to teach and aren't willing to do their own research, but present our content as their own and mislead parents.  I am happy for adults to study with us, learn the classical Catholic curriculum, and then go and teach others--but I'm not interested in being a source of content for pretenders.

I believe that we have provided ample opportunity for families to learn about our program and view our course materials at no cost.  

Therefore, as of Friday, August 12th, 2022, free access to the CLAA Study Center and courses will no longer be available.

Parents wishing to upgrade to paid accounts may do so with our affordable Student Plan or Family Plan subscriptions, or may purchase individual courses as desired.  To make this transition easier, families can use the coupon code upgrade25 to save 25% on course enrollment costs. 

I will offer free trials to interested families in the future, and if any families are facing financial troubles at this time, continued free access may be requested this week.

We look forward to offering improved security and additional features on the Study Center this fall and enjoying a great new school year.

God bless your families,
Mr. William C. Michael, Headmaster
Classical Liberal Arts Academy
Office: (704) 776-4696
mail@classicalliberalarts.com