Announcements

IMPORTANT: CLAA High School Program & New History Courses

IMPORTANT: CLAA High School Program & New History Courses

by William Michael -
Number of replies: 0

Dear friends,

I have two important announcements to share, which I ask all parents to read carefully.

First, due to the demands that will be made on me to manage students enrolled in the Academy's High School's Diploma program, I will only be allowing students enrolled in the Premium Student Plan to participate in the high school program, and I will be working with them directly as a tutor.  I did not initially intend to do this, but I would really like to help students gain admission to selective college and make good use of their classical Catholic studies.

Second, all of the content of the courses covered in the high school program is available for students enrolled in the Student Plan.  I have added two new History courses to the Study Center, which will provide students with a complete course of self-paced high school history studies (if desired).

• World History (HUM-301) provides students with a complete course in world history, from ancient biblical times, through classical Greece and Rome, through the Medieval world and into the Modern world, stopping before the World Wars.  This course provides much more detail than World Chronology (HUM-101), which I wrote for younger students--76 lessons in all. 
  • American History (HUM-311) provides students with an excellent course on the history of the United States from the discovery of the Americas through the first World War--37 lessons in all.

These two history courses are broken down into yearly studies in the Academy high school program, but the same courses are available for all students through self-paced study in the Study Center.

God bless your studies,
Mr. William C. Michael, Headmaster
Classical Liberal Arts Academy

P.S.  These are really GREAT history courses.