Plans for the CLAC

Forums Classical Liberal Arts College Plans for the CLAC

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 months ago by Emily Hammons.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    William C. MichaelWilliam C. Michael
    Admin

Dear friends,

In 2014, Jared Haselbarth and I received approval from the University of North Caolina Board of Governors to award a Bachelor of Classical Christian Studies degree (see here). This was to be a degree program intended for students planning to pursue religious vocations, and as the intention of our program was so limited, we were granted religious exemption from secular licensure requirements.

While being approved for this, which was pretty amazing, we did not pursue this program at the time.

In 2021, I am going to resume this project and seek re-approval for the plan we presented to the Board of Governors in 2014. Mr. Haselbarth has agreed to join me again, and I will likely seek a few additional board members who represent religious vocations. Fortunately, I am able to call upon former CLAA students now for this help.

At this point, I see an Associate Degree in Classical Christian Studies as my first goal, which is less than we already had approved in 2014.

I’d like to ask you to pray for us as I begin putting application materials together.

I will post updates throughout the year on this forum.

God bless,
    William C. Michael
    Classical Liberal Arts Academy

Leslie HickmanLeslie Hickman

How exciting! We will offer prayers for the success of this application.
    Leslie

What a blessing this will be! We will certainly be praying for it as well. Look forward to hearing updates.

Emily

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums Classical Liberal Arts College Plans for the CLAC