Nataliah Fosita

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Nataliah Fosita

Hi my name is Nataliah Fosita,

I am 11yrs old and from north of Brisbane, Australia. I have been in CLAA since 2019. I have just started using a laptop and I am now currently studying Latin Grammar I, Latin Reading I, Baltimore Catechism II, Aesop’s Fables, and World Chronology. Out of these my favourite is Latin reading.

I live near a secluded beach and love the ocean, Star Wars, my favourite author is Tolkien esp the LOTR books, the hobbit and I really enjoy playing the piano. I also like the Mandalorian but haven’t watched all the series.

God bless and happy learning,
    Nataliah Fosita

#416047 Reply
    Blaise

Hi Nataliah!

I like the Mandalorian too! Nice to meet you!

-Blaise

#416058 Reply
    Miriam Gulding

Hello Nataliah!
    I live in Corpus Christi Texas, which has a bay to the Gulf of Mexico, so there are a few beaches here. It’s kind of funny, because my family doesn’t go very often, even though we live only 30-40 minutes away. Do you like to swim? My favorite Star Wars movies are probably “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi”. I also watched some of “The Mandalorian”, but I don’t like it as much. I have also read LOTR and “The Hobbit”. I really enjoyed “The Hobbit”, I’ve read it twice! Anyway, it’s great to meet you!

God bless,

-Miriam

#416069 Reply
    Gianna Bollig

Hi Nataliah!

I’m 11yrs almost 12yrs old. I like in Connecticut, I sometimes play the piano and know a few songs. πŸ™‚ I like Star Wars and Narnia movies. My favorite Star Wars is The Phantom Menace. My favorite Narnia movie is the Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Which are yours? Nice to meet you! πŸ˜€

God Bless,
    Gianna Bollig

#416209 Reply
    Lokani Fosita

hey sister

#416210 Reply
    Joseph Gulding

Hi! By the way, when you guys say LOTR does that mean Lord Of The Rings?

#416272 Reply
    Blaise

Hi Joseph,

Yes, LOTR is short for Lord Of The Rings. 😀

-Blaise

#416946 Reply
    Xavier Ozovek

I love LOTR! Has anyone read the books? I am still reading them, and they are great!

#417335 Reply
    Nataliah Fosita

Hi Blaise!

I love that everyone seems to have the same interests and taste in books and themes. So nice to ‘meet’ you too.

Hi Miriam!

That’s wonderful that you live near the beach too, I love swimming. I love being outdoors and anywhere in nature. I love how everyone has the same interests and like the same books. The hobbit is my favourite too!
    It’s so nice to meet you.

Hi Gianna,

I have a friend here named Gianna =) St Gianna, pray for us!
    I like the Narnia books and my favourite is still probably the Lion, the witch and the wardrobe. My favourite Star Wars movie is the return of the Jedi.Thankyou for taking the time to reply.

I really love how we all have similar interests. It amazes me.

God bless you all!

#417336 Reply
    Nataliah Fosita

Hi Xavier,

I am still reading the LOTR books too!

#417344 Reply
    Nataliah Fosita

Hi again, are any of you 10 or 11yr olds happy to share some information with me?

My mum has said I can try my own schedule for one week. She use to sit and do our CLAA lessons with us but I have been doing my lessons alone now for about two weeks. My 12yr old brother has a schedule that doesn’t work for me. He can study all day everyday.

I prefer to wake at 6am and get straight into bible study, Latin reading and Latin grammar but then I am tired after lunch and can’t focus very well. What have you found works for you ? Do you study all the courses you have each day or on alternating days?
    How long do you spend on each course daily?
    Do you use a timer to keep you on track?
    When do you spend time with your younger siblings ?
    Do you come together to pray the liturgy of hours like we do at terce, sext and none? I have 4 younger siblings and miss playing with them since I’ve been doing my lessons independently.

Thankyou in advance for spending the time to reply to me.

God bless you,
    Nataliah Fosita.

#417392 Reply
    Joseph Gulding

Hi! I actually sort of started reading the Hobbit.

#417708 Reply
    Cecilia Bollig

Hi Nataliah!

I’m ten years old. My mom wrote me out a scheduled, and it works pretty good for me.
    I wake up at 6:30, have breakfast, and say Morning prayers,etc.
    8:00 to 9:00, I do Baltimore Catechism.
    900: to 10:00, I do Latin Grammar
    10:00, I take a fifteen minute break.
    10:15 to 10:45, I do Latin Vocabulary.
    10:45 to 11:15, I do Latin Reading.
    11:15 to 1200, I do World Chronology.
    1200 to about 1:15, me and my family pray Midday Prayers, have lunch, etc.
    1:15 to 1:45, I do English Grammar.
    1:45 to 2:30, I do Modern Arithmetic.
    230 to 3:15, I do Aesop’s Fables on Mon. Wed. Fri. And I do Theoprastus Characters on Tues. and Thurs.
    Than I have free time to play with my younger siblings. Than around 5:00 me and my family pray the Rosary and Evening prayer.

I hope this is helpful for you! πŸ™‚
    God Bless,
    Cecilia Bollig

#417719 Reply
    Gianna Bollig

Hello again!

That’s cool that you have a friend named Gianna! πŸ˜€ Who are your favorite characters in Star Wars and Narnia? πŸ™‚

#417723 Reply
    Ava M Bollig

Hi Nataliah,

I recently got a new puppy, so I reorganized my schedule to be able to have more free time. I hope you don’t mind if I list a few suggestions and things I did.

I moved some school to Saturday morning (we go to Mass on Tuesdays and Fridays, which takes up an hour of schooltime, so I move that to Saturday). I’m not sure exactly what your schedule is, but that might be a way to be able to spend extra time with your siblings and maybe get a little more sleep. πŸ˜‰

I also moved some school to the evening/night, so maybe if your siblings go to bed before you do, that might be a good time. πŸ™‚

I use alarms on my watch to remind me when to move on, and I do alternate most of my courses each day. I usually spend two hours on Trivium (English Literature I, English Composition, Latin Grammar, Latin Reading, Greek Grammar, and Greek Reading), a half hour for each. I alternate Latin and Greek courses throughout the week, depending on whether lessons are available for me to study in the courses. I also study Ancient History for an hour a day. For Quadrivium, I alternate Classical Arithmetic and Classical Geometry, an hour a day for whichever course I study that day. For Philosophy, I do an hour of Classical Ethics. For Theology, I spend half an hour on Scripture studies, and forty-five minutes on the Summa Theologica. I also do an hour of night school, which is just studying some Enrichment courses.

My family prays the Liturgy of the Hours (or the Divine Office) together each day before meals.

I hope this helps a little! πŸ˜€

Have a nice day!

God Bless,
    Ava Bollig

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Nataliah Fosita
Your information: