Latin Grammar I lesson 1 assessment typo?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Miriam Gulding

Hello,
    when I took the lesson 1 assessment, one of the questions asked what sound the syllable “OU” made, but “OU” is not a diphthong, and I thought that diphthongs are the only syllables made out of two vowels. If this is just a typo, could it please be fixed, but if it’s only that I don’t understand something, could someone help explain? Thank you in advance for your help!! 🙂

God bless,

-Miriam

#416105 Reply
    Rebecca Nuar

Hi Miriam,

#416116 Reply
    Rebecca Nuar

I’m not sure if this is a typo… since the lesson says that the diphthongs are the only double vowel combinations that can be in a single syllable, I just took it to mean how would you pronounce OU in adjacent syllables in a word…
    But, I am wondering the answer to this as well. 🙂

#416322 Reply
    Dania Michael
    Admin

Hi Miriam,

On the assessment, there is this question: In Classical Latin, the syllable OU is pronounced as:; the correct answer is OU in HOUSE. You had that one correct on the assessment.

God bless,
    Mrs. Michael

#416948 Reply
    Miriam Gulding

Hello Mrs. Michael,
    I was wondering if you could help me with the assessment. I just got 46 out of 50 questions correct, and I am not sure which ones I have been getting wrong.

#416972 Reply
    Dania Michael
    Admin

Hi Miriam,

Here is what you missed:

The letters are divided into vowels ___ and ____. (You simply misspelled consonants.)
    Which of the following are Latin vowels?
    In ecclesiastical (Christian) Latin, the syllable CE is pronounced as:
    In Classical Latin, the syllable GE is pronounced as:

God bless!
    Mrs. Michael

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Latin Grammar I lesson 1 assessment typo?
Your information: