Hi from Ava Bollig!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Ava M Bollig

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ava Bollig, and I am a sixteen year old CLAA student. I have been in the CLAA since I was six, and feel like I have learned a lot from it! My favorite courses include Classical Ethics and Classical Arithmetic; I especially enjoy learning about evenly-even and evenly-odd numbers: I find it all rather fascinating. 🙂 Another thing that I really enjoy is listening to Aristotle, a pagan philosopher, discussing the Highest Good, and the virtues. I can’t believe how closely some things he says correspond with Catholic teachings!
    Outside of school, I enjoy weightlifting (not exactly body-building, but still focused on muscle gain and overall health…), writing fantasy novels (and also rewriting some movies that have endings I don’t appreciate ;D) in Google Drive, reading anything and everything from St. John Paul II’s writing to novels to biographies, etc…, talking and sharing stories and pictures with friends both in the U.S. and overseas, listening to music (mainly movie soundtracks, but I also enjoy Josh Groban, Andrea Bocelli, and Christmas music of any kind) and Bishop Barron’s podcasts, drawing, and daydreaming about the day when I have my Bernese Mountain Dog puppy. Based on recent developments, I’m hoping for next month!!! I also do some digital design with pictures for fun; my siblings have been enjoying receiving pictures of themselves with their LEGO people and with movie characters! 😀
    I am so grateful to Mr. and Mrs. Michael for all they have done in the CLAA, and I look forward to a new year of studying!

May God bless you all,
    Ava Bollig

#416560 Reply
    Annaleah Hopper

Hi Ava! My name is Annaleah and I am 15, I am from Sydney Australia. Where are you from? I don’t take the Arithmetic course, but I sure do enjoy Classical Ethics too! I see your profile picture is of the Mandolorian, I love the series and so do my siblings. You seem really cool and I thought I would say hi (I know it has been a month since this was posted haha)! And oh my gosh it is so cool you are getting a Mountain Dog puppy, you’re so lucky! I love listening to movie soundtracks too, I like James Newton Howard, Alexandre Desplat, Hans Zimmer, Thomas Newman, Dario Marianelii… the list goes on haha. who are your favourites? Some of my favourite tracks are Dawn from Pride and Prejudice and A Hidden Life from a hidden life. How about you?

Anyway hope you are doing well.

God bless,
    Annaleah Hopper

#416691 Reply
    Ava M Bollig

Hi Annaleah!

Wow, that’s so cool you’re from Australia! I live in Connecticut, USA, but I was born in Texas, USA. 🙂
    Oh yeah, I LOVE the Mandalorian!!! Especially THE Mandalorian himself; I really really really love him. 😀
    Awww, thanks! I’m glad to have met you! 🙂
    Yeah, I’ve had my puppy for almost four weeks now and oh my goodness she is getting so big…she’s gained ten pounds in three weeks. 🙁
    My favorites are the Mandalorian soundtracks, the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit soundtracks, but I also listen to other artists, like Josh Groban, Filly Mack, and Andrea Bocelli. 🙂
    It’s so nice to have met you! Have a great week!

God Bless,
    Ava

#416775 Reply
    Annaleah Hopper

Hi Ava!

That’s awesome you live in Connecticut! Is it starting to warm up? I also LOVE the Mandalorian!! I agree wholeheartedly, that the actual Madolorian is nothing but the best! The series is so well done! too bad we have to wait for the next season:(
    I’m glad to have met you too!
    YAY you got your puppy!!!! That’s so exciting! What’s her name? Geese that’s crazy, ten pounds in 3 weeks??
    Those tracks are awesome:) The other artists I like are Ben Platt, Lior, John Mayer, Paul Simon…
    It’s great that we can keep in contact! Have a great week too!!

God bless,
    Annaleah

#416779 Reply
    Ava M Bollig

Hi Annaleah,

Yeah, it is starting to warm up…I think it was like 14 degrees yesterday morning though. I really can’t wait for it to warm up, because i have to be out a lot with my puppy (Lady), and of course SHE’S got this nice thick puppy coat, and would be happy to go out in -2 degree weather.
    Yes, it’s so long to wait for more Mando!! I heard they’re also making some other shows, like one on Boba Fett. I don’t really like Boba Fett, do you? I mean, I like him for being one of the few (VERY few) people to actually go out of their way to help Mando, but still….he looks really scary when he fights and he’s…I don’t know, kinda…scary. :O 😀 I’m actually writing a Mandalorian novel about the backstory of that Armorer Lady person who made all Mando’s armor where he makes a brief appearance. 🙂
    Yeah, I waited a really long time to get my puppy, so I was sooooooo excited to finally bring her home. Her name’s Lady. 😀 Yes, I can’t believe it either!! I’m losing my baby doggie… 🙁
    It’s really awesome to get to talk with you! Have a great day!

God Bless,
    Ava

P.S. What’s your favorite weapon of Mando’s? I like his big rifle and his whistling birds. 😀

#416839 Reply
    Annaleah Hopper

Hi Ava.

Wow America get soo cold! I feel it’s cold when it’s in 50s to 60s! Oh yeah, I heard they were making that! Not too excited for it though, he is kinda rough! Oh my gosh! You’re writing a novel on her? That’s so amazing. Now that is a movie i’d like to see! You don’t have to, but, feel free to send it to me when you’re done or whenever! my email address is Annaleah.hopper@gmail.com. I would LOVE to read it! Ahhh I wish I had I dog! especially one that BIG! I LOVE that name so much, like from “Lady and the Tramp”? hmmm… my favourite weapons would have to be the ones on his arms(Grappling Line, Flamethrower, Blasters, and More) He is just so stealthy when he uses them haha. How many siblings do you have?

Hope you’re having a great day! what time is it for you?

God Bless,
    Annaleah

PS. how sad but awesome was the end of season two, did NOT expect that!!

#416937 Reply
    Miriam Gulding

Hello,
    I was going to ask, where in Texas were you from, Ava? Annaleah, I live in South Texas, and I think that 50-60 degrees are pretty cold! It did get very cold (at least in my opinion) a couple weeks ago, I think it may have gone down into the 20s. I’m not sure though, so don’t take my word for it! Our power also went out… so that was fun! 😉 Anyway, I hope you have a good day!
    God bless,
    -Miriam

#416941 Reply
    Xavier Ozovek

Hi, Ava Boling! I make stories too, and I used to have a named Goldie. I LOVE to play with Legos, and I even make stop-motion movies with them. Has anyone read the LOTR series? it’s awesome!

#416945 Reply
    Xavier Ozovek

I live in America, and just yesterday, I went out in 60 degree weather without a jacket! It’s warming up here, and today it’s going up to 70 degrees!

#416956 Reply
    Ava M Bollig

Hi Annaleah,

Yes, I agree, he is quite rough. 🙂 I actually take back what I said about his making a brief appearance in my story…he came back again when I was writing last night, because I needed someone to rescue my main character, and I think he might stick around for a little while. 😀
    Sure, I’d love to send it to you! I’ll share it as a Google Doc. 🙂
    Thanks! NOOOO it’s not from Lady and the Tramp, but my dad teases me about that ALL THE TIME. He’ll play that big hound dog calling “Miss Ladyyyyy ma’am! OH MISS Laaaydee!”
    Oh yesss, he is so awesome at fighting. Yes, I agree, he is very stealthy! 😀 😀 😀
    I have seven siblings, ranging from almost 14 to 1 1/2. 🙂 How many do you have?
    It’s 1:30 PM here. 🙂
    OH NO, that ending was sooooooo sad. I cried for half an hour. Seriously. I started when you-know-who came walking in, and didn’t finish until about twenty minutes after I finished the episode! 🙁 🙁
    I hope you are sleeping well! 😀

God Bless,
    Ava

#416958 Reply
    Ava M Bollig

Hi Miriam,

I am from the Dallas area. 🙂 Both sets of my grandparents and my aunt are still in Texas, but I haven’t lived there for ten years.

God Bless,
    Ava

#416960 Reply
    Ava M Bollig

Hi Xavier,

That’s so cool you write stories! 🙂 Aww, what type of dog was Goldie? Oh cool! My siblings love to play with Legos, and they’ve made stop-motion movies as well! I LOVE the LOTR series; they’ve been my favorite books since I was eleven!

God Bless,
    Ava

#417028 Reply
    Annaleah Hopper

Hi Ava,

Although the character can be rough he sure is helpful hahaha! Thanks for sharing it! Will definitely check it out today. HAHAHAHA that is hilarious, Fathers am I, right?
    That’s a big range of ages! (can relate though) I have four siblings ranging from 18 (in November) to 4 almost five.
    It is 10 am here!
    I KNOW RIGHT, it was so sad, my Dad said it was a good ending, but, c’mon, No one wanted them to part!! I was actually kind of disappointed ahaha because I wanted them to stay together!! I am itching for season twoooooo!
    I did sleep well thank you!
    Have a good evening!

God Bless,
    Annaleah

#417029 Reply
    Annaleah Hopper

Hi Miriam,

That’s so cool you live in Texas! All my family on my Mum’s side lives in the states so I’ve heard about the big snow thing! That’s crazy. I have never seen snow before even though I am a citizen of the US hahaha. Lucky! It’s good to know I am not crazy for thinking 50s and 60s is cold! Is it warming up for you now? Have a good day too!

God bless,
    Annaleah

#417078 Reply
    Ava M Bollig

Hi Annaleah,

Sure, please don’t feel like you have to read it any time soon! 🙂
    Oh wow, what is it like to have an older sibling? I’ll never know… 🙁 ;D
    Wowww, that means our time zones are like sixteen hours apart! That’s so cool. 8)
    NOOOOO I don’t think it was a good ending! For one thing, I don’t like you-know-who at all that much, so it only made it SO MUCH WORSE. Yes, I am curious to find out how they fix it in Season Three, but did you know they fired the actress who played Cara, so she won’t be in the third season?!? I was so disappointed; I really feel like Cara is Mando’s ONLY TRUE FRIEND. Anyways…that was a bummer to find out. 🙁
    Have a great night! 😀

God Bless,
    Ava

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
Reply To: Hi from Ava Bollig!
Your information: