Evening Prayer in our House

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 2 weeks, 1 day ago by William C. Michael.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    William C. MichaelWilliam C. Michael
    Admin

Dear friends,

If you’re interested in the Liturgy of the Hours, but have no idea where to begin, observing someone actually doing it may be helpful. I learned myself from the Missionaries of the Poor in Jamaica while on a mission trip back in 2009. I prayed with the brothers everyday and took notes on the details like a little kid. Then, I came home and started praying the Hours with my family.

This evening, my family came in from a day of garden work and I thought to record Evening Prayer as it might be helpful to share. I, myvwife and our seven youngest children are present.

We’re still in Easter season, so there a Easter readings, but things are pretty simple. You’ll hear me leading with Dania and the kids responding throughout and singing along. You’ll even enjoy hearing me screw the lines of the hymn up on a hymn we sang at our wedding (one of our favorites). So, don’t be afraid of making mistakes…just fix it and move on. For us, this is pretty routine…but we’ve been praying the LotH for over 12 years now.

I hope you find this helpful. If there’s anything you’d like to discuss, please respond.

https://classicalliberalarts.com/wp-content/uploads/2021_04_27_19_51_33.mp3

God bless,
    William C. Michael

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.