Classical Astronomy course Not Showing

Free Classical Education for All Ages Forums Premium Support Quadrivium Classical Astronomy course Not Showing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive

I have a problem with the Classical Astronomy course. I have the course in ‘My Courses’ section alongside other courses and all other courses are working fine/displaying all the lectures, however, the Astronomy course has no lectures or information within and only shows the progress bar.

Inactive

Not sure how to remove the topic posted, I have found that it was my foolish mistake as the course costs $125 and it seems that I have not purchased it yet. Sorry for that.

Thanks for posting.

The actual issue is that Classical Geometry is a prerequisite for Classical Astronomy. This is not an “astrology” course, where the the ancient interpretation of the movements of the stars is studied (that’s taught in Ptolemy’s Tetrabiblos), but the mathematical study of magnitudes in motion–mathematical Astronomy. It’s impossible to progress without mastery of Geometry.

God bless,
    William Michael

FYI…Here’s a link to an English translation of Ptolemy’s Tetrabiblos, which I mentioned above, if that’s what you’re hoping for.

https://books.google.com/books?id=h-nAMTDhD6sC&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=tetrabiblos&pg=PR1#v=onepage&q&f=false

God bless,
    William Michael

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.