To complete this lesson, complete the following tasks:
- Study the lesson below, carefully and completely.
- Complete all memory work.
- Complete the lesson assessment.
303. Q. Is there any other means of obtaining God’s grace than the Sacraments?
A. There is another means of obtaining God’s grace, and it is prayer.
304. Q. What is prayer?
A. Prayer is the lifting up of our minds and hearts to God to adore Him, to thank Him for His benefits, to ask His forgiveness, and to beg of Him all the graces we need, whether for soul or body.
305. Q. Is prayer necessary to salvation?
A. Prayer is necessary to salvation, and without it no one having the use of reason can be saved.
306. Q. At what particular times should we pray?
A. We should pray particularly on Sundays and holydays, every morning and night, in all dangers, temptations, and afflictions.
308. Q. Which are the prayers most recommended to us?
A. The prayers most recommended to us are the Lord’s Prayer, the Hail Mary, the Apostles’ Creed, the Confiteor, and the Acts of Faith, Hope, Love and Contrition.
309. Q. Are prayers said with distractions of any avail?
A. Prayers said with wilful distractions are of no avail.
Baltimore Catechism I, Lesson 34 Exam