To complete this lesson, complete the following tasks:
- Study the lesson below, carefully and completely.
- Complete all memory work.
- Complete the lesson assessment.
114. Q. Which are the means instituted by our Lord to enable men at all times to share in the fruits of the Redemption?
A. The means instituted by our Lord to enable men at all times to share in the fruits of His Redemption are the Church and the Sacraments.
115. Q. What is the Church?
A. The Church is the congregation of all those who profess the faith of Christ, partake of the same Sacraments, and are governed by their lawful pastors under one visible Head.
116. Q. Who is the invisible Head of the Church?
A. Jesus Christ is the invisible Head of the Church.
117. Q. Who is the visible Head of the Church?
A. Our Holy Father the Pope, the Bishop of Rome, is the Vicar of Christ on earth, and the visible Head of the Church.
128. Q. Has the Church any marks by which it may be known?
A. The Church has four marks by which it may be known: it is One; it is Holy; it is Catholic; it is Apostolic.
133. Q. In which Church are these marks found?
A. These marks are found in the Holy Roman Catholic Church alone.
Baltimore Catechism I, Lesson 20 Exam