To complete this lesson, complete the following tasks:
- Study the lesson below, carefully and completely.
- Complete all memory work.
- Complete the lesson assessment.
60. Q. Did God abandon man after he fell into sin?
A. God did not abandon man after he fell into sin, but promised him a Redeemer, who was to satisfy for man’s sin and reopen to him the gates of heaven.
61. Q. Who is the Redeemer?
A. Our Blessed Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is the Redeemer of mankind.
62. Q. What do you believe of Jesus Christ?
A. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the second Person of the Blessed Trinity, true God and true man.
69. Q. What do you mean by the Incarnation?
A. By the Incarnation I mean that the Son of God was made man.
70. Q. How was the Son of God made man?
A. The Son of God was conceived and made man by the power of the Holy Ghost, in the womb of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
74. Q. On what day was the Son of God conceived and made man?
A. The Son of God was conceived and made man on Annunciation day–the day on which the Angel Gabriel announced to the Blessed Virgin Mary that she was to be the Mother of God.
75. Q. On what day was Christ born?
A. Christ was born on Christmas day in a stable at Bethlehem, over two thousand years ago.
Baltimore Catechism I, Lesson 16 Exam