Complete the following assignments (in order):
- Print out a copy of Writing Exercise 01.
- Looking at the exercise sheet, read the lesson with your child and discuss each point.
- Following the directions on the Writing Exercise sheet, require that your child form each shape perfectly.
- Continue on the first sheet until each figure is written perfectly. The figures increase in difficulty, so there is sense in trying to move forward before a child is ready.
- Progress through Writing Exercise sheets 2-4, remaining on each exercise until mastery is achieved.
- Quiz your child on the points of the lesson until they are well known.
Directions: Read the following questions and discuss each answer with your child. Memorization is not required.
1. What are Letters?
Letters are written symbols that represent spoken sounds.
2. Why must we write letters clearly?
We must write letters clearly so others can read them easily.
3. Why must we practice handwriting?
To write clearly we must practice handwriting, which begins with shapes.
4. How do we learn to make each shape in handwriting?
In handwriting, we begin at the red dot, then follow the arrows to make each shape on the dotted lines.
5. What color is the top line on our handwriting sheets?
The top line on our handwriting sheet is is blue.
6. What color is the bottom line on our handwriting sheets?
The bottom line on our handwriting sheet is red.