I’d like to recommend a better way for students subscribed to Premium Support or Private Instruction to handle assignments for CLAA lessons.
Normally, students complete assignments, save them as PDF documents and upload them for grading. There are a number of reasons this is not a good idea. First, if your assignment is not done well, you will need to wait for grading, then redo your assignment, then submit it again, and so on. Secondly, submitting PDFs doesn’t allow for much feedback on your assignments. Maybe a brief comment, but that’s it.
Here’s a better way.
- Complete all of your assignments using Google Docs. If you don’t have a CLAA Google Apps account, let me know and I’ll give you one. (It’s free.)
- When you’re finished with an assignment, share the link to your document with me in a live chat meeting. (Be sure to give editing permission to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Let me look over your assignment BEFORE you upload it to the lesson page.
- I will add comments to your assignment, and tell you what needs to be fixed (if anything). This will save you a lot of time.
- When your assignment is completed and has a 3/3 score, THEN you can save it as a PDF and upload it to the lesson page.
- Your assignment will then be recorded and you’ll be able to move on to the next lesson.
Because this requires live chat time with me, students will need to be subscribed to Premium Support or Private Instruction, but it will be well worth it.
William C. Michael, Headmaster
Classical Liberal Arts Academy